Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Day Two

went pretty well, though not as smoothly as yesterday. I am enjoying the planning and prep so far, but not enough to want to homeschool on a permanent basis. Today we talked about sea turtles, which was fun for me and they had a good time with the on-line games I found (who knew there'd be sea turtle-related games out there for the asking? I guess you really can find everything on the internet).

I am trying to make things a little looser and more fun around here. Certainly the instructional stuff helps with that, but I am finding that it's hard to get other stuff done at the same time...stuff like laundry and cooking. Hmmm. That's a drawback, of course.

Two more keys to my success are going to be a) earlier bedtime (10 p.m. vs. 11 p.m.) and b) a judicious use of caffeine in the afternoon. Those two things coupled with the planning and prep are what's going to see me through. Tonight I have to double plan for Wednesday and Thursday since I'm out with Angie tomorrow night.

No comments: