Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Breakfast of Doritos

I hate PMS. I have had almost no appetite today except for an odd assortment of totally unhealthy stuff: Doritos, rye chips, chocolate-dipped macaroons, etc.

Not a speck of healthy food has passed my lips today yet, unless you count the milk I put in my coffee this morning.

Worse than that, I have walked around all day feeling like my head is going to explode. I have zero patience with the kids, and even less with all the household minutiae that demands my consant attention. And, true to form, I have taken on one of those futile organizing tasks that make me feel like the hamster on the wheel...all week I've been trying to clean off the part of the kitchen counter where everybody dumps their stuff and I still can't see the actual countertop. In fact, you can't tell I've done anything at all, even though I have physically cleared it THREE TIMES since Saturday.

The learning experiment continues. It has been less enchanting for me this week. I enjoy the lessons, enjoy that the kids want to do it, but it's frankly difficult to do the prep and the research necessary to do it right. I am having a heck of a time getting anything else done during the day and I am having to spend nearly 2 hours designing activities, researching, printing, etc. to be ready for the following day.

A cleaning lady would be a tremendous help right now.

No comments: