Saturday, June 9, 2007

And Another Thing...

It just hit me that the kids watched almost no television this week, except for the odd Veggie Tale in the a.m. and Curious George/Clifford while I showered. They probably reduced their overall tv consumption by about 2 hours. Holy crackers; they've been watching waaaaay too much boob tube.

Maybe, just maybe, the improvement in their behaviour is tied to less tv? Could it be? I remember about 15 years ago I babysat for two different families when they went on vacations sans kids. One family had kids who never watched tv. Never. The other had kids who rolled out of bed watching videos. The no-tv kids were soooo much better behaved than the tv kids. Coincidence? Not sure. Seems unlikely, especially after watching my own kids this week.

No comments: