Thursday, June 28, 2007

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blog

Taking a break from lessons today. I am so tired, thanks to the dogs who get up at 5 a.m. that I can't make my brain focus. I know just what we're doing for our next lesson, but I think it will have to wait until Monday (we're going on a playdate tomorrow -- the best kind; one for the kids and Mommy).

I've now taken my older two to Target and Kohls a total of 3 times and ALL THREE TIMES THEY WERE GOOD. And yes, that merits a lot of caps. It's eerie; maybe they've been body snatched. Of course, Maggie screamed her way through Kohls, so nothing's perfect. You would think by the 3rd kid I would remember to pack some snack food for her, but apparently the brain damage they've inflicted on me is too extensive for that kind of recall.

On the upside, I've started planning Maggie's first birthday party. I am giving myself what I hope is plenty of lead time -- 22 days. I know that seems like a lot, but I also know how long it takes me to actually accomplish things, especially things that involve shopping (party ware, balloons) and cooking (cake). Also I am a huge procrastinator and I have learned that if I give myself a lot of time to do something, I can afford to put it off once or twice and still be okay.

Maggie is, right now, in her crib NOT sleeping. She is, instead, squeaking, chirping, and screaming at a pitch only dogs can hear. She should have been asleep 40 minutes ago, so I'm not sure what happened to sabotage her nap. Maybe the lack of loud and boisterous noise in the house right now is throwing her off.

Abby Kate and Grant are on the sidewalk in front of the house playing school field trip. They're on some sort of nature walk that involves them picking leaves and flowers off of everything they can reach. Lovely.

And I am going to post this and lie down for 15 minutes. That, of course, will be the signal for the other two to come in and a) ask for a snack, and b) tell me they're bored. Cheers.

No comments: