Monday, April 30, 2007

That Warm, Peaceful Glow

Here's what I got done this weekend:


  1. Mopped the kitchen

  2. Tidied the living room so Tim could vacuum (kids helped with this)

  3. Bought new frames and hung them the same day

  4. New quilt came (thanks UPS!) and I got the exquisite pleasure of making my bed. Now it looks like this:
  5. Finished fleshing out Grant's summer wardrobe (except for sandals -- need to add that to the list)

  6. Bought and watched hubby assemble new BBQ grill; grilled steaks for the first time in almost 2 years. YUM.

  7. Put away 3 large baskets of laundry

  8. Planned meals and then grocery shopped for the week

  9. Reorganized Tim's dresser so that I can put clothes in it, as opposed to the charming, devil-may-care, stuff-hanging-out-of-it look it used to have.


My kitchen is still a mess, neither bathroom is clean and the upstairs one is so gross it has to constitute a health hazard. I still have 3 small baskets of kid laundry to put away, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's amazing how much more I feel like doing stuff when the sun is shining. I even played (read:refereed) a game of Chutes and Ladders with Grant and Abby Kate and managed to get a 20 minute nap on Sunday. Mother of the Year, baby. Mother of the Year.



No comments: