Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Chapter 40, In Which My Husband Gets a Clue

It only took 11 years of marriage, 3 kids and 8 or 9 complete mental breakdowns, but my husband is taking Friday off so that I can have A MOMMY VACATION.

The prospect of an entire day -- not just an hour or two stolen from the regular schedule -- is dizzying. I am trying to make a list so I can do all the stuff I've been wishing I could do but never seem to be able to get childcare for. I think I am going to flee the house about 8:30ish and then I am free as a bird until dinnertime.

My hubby, on the other hand, has to make breakfast, take oldest child to school, drop the other two at grandma's, go back to school for Read With Me time, pick the other two up, take them home, feed them lunch, get middle child ready for preschool and usher him out the door when the carpool arrives, put baby down for nap, unstack dishwasher, prepare for baby's awakening (snack and video), meet middle child when carpool delivers him, get snack ready for oldest child, load everyone in van, pick up oldest child at school, take everyone to allergist and then get everyone home for dinner.

Throw in an unexpected visit to the doctor, 2 loads of laundry and 3 phone calls while you're trying to relax and that's about my day.

My head is whirling. What am I going to do?

No comments: