Monday, August 20, 2007

And it all came crashing down

Not having a good day.

Called the school and discovered Abby Kate had been placed with the teacher we least wanted her to have. Short of moving, we don't have much recourse here unless the teacher does something overtly awful. I am uptight, worried that this woman will grind the love of learning out of my daughter before she finishes first grade.

Went to dentist and came home to message explaining that my carpooling arrangement for Grant's preschool had blown up. Mother #1 had to go back to work full time, essentially because her husband is a great twonk. Twonky husband is going to take their son to school but is evidently afraid of all the Women and cannot therefore do carpool. Mother # 2 still wants to carpool, but we conversed and it transpires that she wants me to do the more complicated pick up run. When I suggested that we could split it and each do it for half the year, she said she'd rather not do that as it would mean altering her baby's schedule midway through the year. I told her I'd have to think about it, but I already know what I think. I'm trying to be fair and she's not having it. Objective opinion from other, non-involved girlfriend confirms that I am being reasonable and she is not.

Daughter found caterpillar in garden and was elated. Son accidentally killed said caterpillar and daughter has been utterly devastated for about an hour now. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Baby is going on 8th straight day of diarrhea.

I am going to take some motrin and try for some Zen.

No comments: