Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Make Someone Happy

Sometimes, very small things can make the whole day brighter. Take this, for example:


These belong to my baby; my itty bitty baby who has never had her fingernails painted before. How I managed to neglect this critical aspect of girlie parenting, I know not. My older daughter was begging for full manicures on a weekly basis at this age. I can only say in my own defense that my brain just ain't what it used to be, full stop.I can no longer remember what I did with everyone in their toddlerhood (though I'm pretty sure I didn't do my son's nails more than once).

But yesterday, the little lightbulb went off in my head -- nail polish! We raced upstairs, Baby giggling the whole way in the same tone she uses when she's discovered the sugar bowl is unsupervised. We sat right down in Mommy's bathroom and had us a little spa moment.


The sun came out, the angels sang, and I am back in the running for Mother of the Year.

No comments: