Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's a Different World

than the one I grew up in. Back in the day, when we rode ye olde stegasaurus to school uphill both ways in the snow, all there was for kiddies on the idiot box was the very wonderful Mr. Rogers and the equally wonderful Sesame Street. Now, there's this:


Can you tell what it is? It's a Yo Gabba Gabba video from YouTube. My sweet baby sits at the computer and says "Mommy, I want Party Tummy?" "Mommy, carrots cryin'? Green Beans cryin'?" Since we don't have cable (thank God) this is the only way she can get her Yo Gabba Gabba fix, short of moving in with Grandma full time. I am glad she can get a little taste of this completely bizarre show without me having to pay the cable company's extortionate prices.
And what is Yo Gabba Gabba? Beats the heck out of me, but I noticed that for whatever reason, it has spawned a lot of overdubbed videos on YouTube, some bad, some good. This is one of the good ones:

It's Elijah Wood doing the dancey dancey thing overdubbed with a really nifty song from a Romanian pop band. My 6 year old can't get enough of this.

No comments: